Deal with Motorcycle Accidents with Motorcycle Accidents Attorneys in Rockford
Motorcycle accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or death and are sometimes caused by defective motorcycle parts, an accident with an automobile or truck, or defective roads.
Driving a motorcycle can be very dangerous as they are more likely to be involved in an accident than a passenger vehicle. In fact, according to the data compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in 2006, “motorcyclists were about 35 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a motor vehicle traffic crash and 8 times more likely to be injured.”
Not only are motorcycles more prone to accidents than a passenger vehicle, the injuries are oftentimes more serious as a motorcycle driver is more exposed than a passenger vehicle driver. For example, there is no head protection for motorcyclists (other than helmets), and there is no barrier between the driver and the outside. This means if a driver is forced to a sudden stop, he or she will crash into the objects on the road as well as the road itself.
As we have mentioned above, motorcycles are particularly dangerous because there is no head protection for motorcyclists. Therefore, in many states, including Georgia, it has become mandatory for motorcycle riders to wear a helmet. However, if you were injured in a motorcycle accident and you were not wearing a helmet, you may still have a right to compensation if the accident was caused by the other party. This is when you will need the legal assistance from Motorcycle Accidents Attorneys in Rockford.
Safety Tips For Motorcyclists:
- Wear eye protection. 73% of the drivers in accidents were not wearing any form of eye protection.
- Wear a helmet. Not only is it the law, but 40% of drivers in accidents were not wearing a helmet. Head injuries can be debilitating and may affect your life permanently. This may be the most important safety precaution you can take.
- Take a training course. An overwhelming majority of motorcyclists take learning how to drive a motorcycle very casually. Studies show that 92% of motorcycle drivers in accidents had either taught themselves or learned from friends and family. If you take the time and enroll in a training program, you can learn different skills and techniques that may save you from an accident.
- Don’t drink and ride. Obviously, drinking and driving is unsafe no matter what vehicle you are in. However, when regarding motorcyclists in particular, drinking and driving becomes a very serious concern as nearly 50% of fatal motorcycle accidents involved intoxicated drivers.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our personal injury law firm today for a FREE consultation and let us explain your legal options. At our personal injury law firm, our Motorcycle Accidents Attorneys in Rockford have the expertise to attain the full compensation you deserve.
- Find the Right Auto Accident Attorney in Rockford to serve your Interests
- A Car Accident Lawyer in Rockford Gets You All the Medical Compensations
- Get the Invaluable Help of an Auto Accident Attorney in Cherry Hill, NJ
- Please Write an Article on the given topic
- Choosing the Best Local Auto Accident Lawyer